About a year ago, I attempted my first Dutch braid and well, it did not go that well. I ended up spending over an hour pulling and yanking at my hair trying to keep the braid close to my scalp. It never once dawned on me to just Google how to do it but after the success I found with Missy Sue’s blog last week with the Waterfall Fishtail French Braid, I decided to take a on the Dutch braid once again.
Want to know the trick to keeping the braid close to your scalp? Its so easy, it hurts. All you have to do is treat it like a normal French-braid, but when you are pulling under the piece of hair toward your face (as opposed to the middle strand or the piece of hair toward the back of your head), you never add hair to the braid. The only section you ever add hair to is the back strand! See, so easy!
Let me know if you give this braid a try!
PS: I was featured on the Independent Fashion Blogger Roundup this week! Click, “Continue Reading” to find out the other bloggers featured!
This week, IFB bloggers had beauty on the brain! From an amazing Dutch braid to Disney-inspired nail color to luxury products on a budget, you’re covered in the beauty department for any special events you might have coming up this spring. Final reports from the runways are also trickling in, and look for some deep thoughts on fashion blogging as well. Check out all the best of the week below!
Links à la Mode: March 12
- A Handful of Stories: S/S 2015 Spring Fabric Trends
- Ambinity: How to Buy Luxury Beauty Products on a Budget
- Attire Club: Transitioning Your Wardrobe from Winter to Spring
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: Shades of Ursula E.L.F. Disney Villains Nail Polish Review
- Fashion Culturalist: Empire Recap, Episodes 7 & 8
- Fashion, Trends and More: Morf: An Innovative Design for 24 Shirts in 1
- Funky Jungle: Milan Fashion Week: Favorites and Thoughts
- Ginger Side of Life: Dutch Braid
- Keily’s Fashion Picks: Introducing: House of Borel
- KP Fusion: Why I’m OK With Blog Comparison
- Les Assorties: Fernando Paz: Through His Lens
- Ng From the Outside: Less Is More, More or Less
- Purushu Arie: How to Choose the Right Sports Shoes
- Storybook Apothecary: The Modern Fairy Tales: Book Review and Style Inspiration
- StyleCurated: Thoughts & Technique: Q&A With Thilo Westermann
- Style Bizarre: The Grown-Up Guide to Alternative Style
- That Paki Blog: The Truck Art Revolution and Rizwan Beyg
- The Outfit Repeater: The Unhealthy Trend in Blogging
- The Smoking Fox: Where Are All the Fashion Models With Natural Hair?
- TLV Birdie: Stark Skincare: Green Beauty and Simple Living