Bun Donut: Amazon
So, how to get the perfect bun?
1. Start with day old hair.
2. Pull your hair into a high ponytail. To get a high ponytail, I usually lay on the edge of my bed, with my head hanging off, to get a perfect high ponytail (my cousin Rachael taught me this trick when we were like 7 years old!). I usually use two hair ties to secure the hair in place.
3. Then loop the hair through the bun donut.
4. Wrap your hair around the donut.
5. Secure with another hair tie and bobby pins.
6. Hairspray all the wispy pieces of hair
Ta-da, you have the perfect bun! Do not hesitate to ask any questions if you need help!
Photos: Danielle Balderas
PS: I made it onto the Independent Fashion Blogger roundup! To see more about other wonderful bloggers featured, click to read more!
Links à la Mode: February 26th
- Adorned in Armor: Dear Black People, You Are Your Hair. Love, America
- A Glamourous Revelation: I Was *That* Annoying Fashion Blogger
- Art Becomes You: 7 Pairs of Zara Shoes or 1 Pair of Jimmy Choo?
- Chicagoings: The 5 Items You Need for Winter
- Christine Violet: Nature Inspired Fashion
- Chromo Beauty: A Chat With Allison Raskin
- DressCode:HighFashion: Top 10 Oscar’s Looks
- Fashion Culturalist: 7 Lessons in Fashion from NYFW
- Fashion Trends and More: Philadelphia Fashion Week
- Ginger Side of Life: How to Get the Perfect Bun
- Hello Handbag: Drool worthy Bags With a Compassionate Twist
- I Can Style U: Dude Create a Fury for Spring 2015
- Inexpensive Chic: How to Dress Stylishly in The Extreme Cold
- Les Assorties: OWAIS HAJI X MAHEEN KHAN
- Life in the Fash Lane: 7 Things I Learned About Fashion Blogging
- Riva la Diva: DIY Burberry Prorsum’s Scarf Look
- See Lark: How to Wear Color
- Storybook Apothecary: That Time My Boyfriend And I Joined OK Cupid
- TLV Birdie: Scandinavian Minimalist Makeup
- Wishing for Chanel: Going Cruelty Free