I have two answers to this post title, “why I wear vintage,” but before I can get to my two reasons I must share a long story with you first! Bear with me, this story does have a point. I bought my 8th grade promotion dress at Windsor. Anyone else buy their promotion dress at Windsor? Well, anyways, I LOVED that dress. I arrived at the dance, so excited to find my friends, only to discover I was not the only one who loved my black fit and flare ponte dress with bright pink tulle underneath. Six other girls had the same dress. I was so uncomfortable (probably cried a little). I called my parents to come bring me something different so I could change. Luckily, my parents were home and brought me a different dress and all was good. I danced my little heart out that night because I was heading to high school!
After that “B*!ch stole my look” (dramatic, I know) experience, I started moving toward vintage pieces to make sure that I was the only one wearing that special piece.
So, why wear vintage?
1. You will have something original
2. If it has lasted this long, it will continue to last and be a timeless piece
In these photos, I am wearing a coat from my grandmother from the 1960s. I adore this jacket and its delicate details. Its spring palette along with the sparkle of the buttons make this a coat for the ages and I look forward to the day I can pass it down to my daughter.
Also, congratulations to Katie H who won our $590 Nordstroms giveaway! For more on our giveaway, click here.
Also I was featured on Links a La Mode on Independent Fashion Bloggers!
What do you do when your eyeshadow breaks? How do you NOT take an outfit photo? How do you take care of your nails? How to you add a little edge to your style? The serious questions when it comes to fashion. Well, ok, still very IMPORTANT. This week we have a great roundup of interesting links informing us all those little things you didn’t even know you really needed to know.
Links à la Mode: January 22nd
- Adorned in Armor: Blogging Makes Me Feel Like Crap
- Attire Club: 3 Ways Men Can Wear a Strong Color
- Burgundy Whispers: Metropolitan City Winter
- Femme Violet: How to Add Edge to Your Style
- Ginger Side of Life: Why I Wear Vintage
- I Can Style U: Suit Buttons: Always, Sometimes Never
- KP Fusion: The Strategy to Grow Your Blog [Free Download]
- Les Assorties: The Story of Tallis
- Petite Fille Modele: Does Forever21’s Love&Beauty Work?
- Pumps & Studz: What I Learned in My First Year Blogging
- Purushu Aerie: The Significance of Celine’s Joan Didion Campaign
- Storybook Apothecary: Olivine Love + Salt Spray Review
- Style Bizarre: Vegan Fashion: How to Read Clothing Labels
- Style & Framed: Gucci Mens Fall 2015: A New Future
- The Outfit Repeater: Do’s and Don’ts of Outfit Photos
- The Rivaux: Depotting Eyeshadow Palettes
- TLV Birdie: Healthy Nail Care
- Wear In LA: How to Pack Versatile Outfits
- Wild Beauty World: What the Ancient Romans Looked Like With Makeup
- Wings for Liberty: Is It Time for Photoshop to Call It A Day?